They say that life is a journey. I disagree.
A journey implies that there is a destination. I am living with the hope that I will never arrive.
Because honestly, the finish line is the one ending we all have in common.
Along the way, and before the final goodbye, I hope to laugh, to love, to embrace every day as the precious gift that it is. The reality is that it could be the final goodbye at any time, and we never know when exactly that day will come.
I’m going to live today like it’s never happened before and will never happen again. Because, that’s exactly what it is!
Five Ways to Enjoy the Life You Have
- Be grateful – We forget how fortunate we truly are. As long as there is breath still in you, then there is the opportunity to be grateful. No matter how bad it may seem, remember that everything is temporary. Including you.
- Laugh – Whatever puts a smile on your face, do more of that. Watch a funny movie, look at cat videos, or spend time with people who appreciate the lighter side of life. Research has shown that an upbeat attitude can change your physiology and assist the body to heal and recover from serious health issues. Laugh out loud like no one is watching.
- Give – Give freely of yourself, whether it is your time, your expertise, or your companionship. By giving to others, we forget how needy we can be sometimes. Those who give always receive far more in exchange. Do it because it feels good.
- Dream – Never stop believing that you can achieve anything you want. Strive to improve yourself by learning and doing things that challenge you. Don’t always look for the path of least resistance.
- Learn – School is where we are told what to learn. Life is when you get to learn what your heart leads you towards. As long as that heart is still beating, fill it with the joy of discovery and the more you learn, the more you will realize that you truly know nothing.
Dance, live, love and laugh. Take the gift of life and cherish it like your most valuable possession in the world.
It really is, isn’t it?